More Links


Welcome, My Etsy Shop Is Below Feel free to browse. Happy Shopping :)





~FEATURED POSTS~
What have I been up to you ask? :) (I post in the comments section)
Gearing Up for pottery class

If you found something helpful. A tip is appreciated.





Monday 18 September 2017

Pottery surface inspiration

Underglazes:

Washing: dilute with white or water to make a subtle background.

Remember underclass does not work like paint. I have found that I cannot put a colour over another colour. They will melt together giving you an unexpected colour. Or the layer that you are trying to cover over will show through anyway.

All designs need to have their own space. Be precise on where you are putting your colour and mix your glazes well.

What I found works well is layering precisely. Wiyh thd same  colour Light color first then add darker colours to add the detail.

When I get my wood fire kiln set up I will experiment with wood firing underglaze.
I have looked on the internet for similar but not liking what I see in terms of color definition. I will try with black first.

No comments:

Post a Comment