More Links


Welcome, My Etsy Shop Is Below Feel free to browse. Happy Shopping :)





~FEATURED POSTS~
What have I been up to you ask? :) (I post in the comments section)
Gearing Up for pottery class

If you found something helpful. A tip is appreciated.





Monday 18 September 2017

Farm and Park and Museum Volunteer Life

2017
Volunteered at High Park
My advise: exercise and stretch before you go volunteering so that your muscles are warm when you start your activities.
This was a great experience i will do it again for sure. I live the look of my little forest and I am seeking some education on how to conserve the look as well as do a little subsistence farming and fishing. High Park has a volunteer program that runs twice a month. On my first visit they were clearing invasive plants that were good for somethings but bad for the other species of plants that the park wanted to conserve. Our focus was the tall sweet white clover. Good things: it's nitrogen fixing  and has good tasting polen for bees that makes yummy hunny. Bad stuff: about this plant it's reproduction rate, growth rate and coverage area was faster and wider than the plants High Park wants to keep. I think I will try it out see how I like it read about it some more.
Some of the wild things we planted were Indian grass (sorghastrum nutans)
Big Bluestem (andropogon gerardii)
Wild rose (Rosa blanda)
These were just the ones I got my hands on as we has a great diverse variety and we planted over 1000 plants.
Some of the plants came from St Williams nursery and ecology centre


Riverdale farm :
Watering plants and weeding the vegetable garden.
Sweeping the leaves that fell from the maple tree. It keeps the walkway clear and beautiful and also provides valuable compost.

I got a magazine with simple recipes from the veggies and fruits you can grow. There is a thought. Make recipes with the things I have grown. Can I feed myself? .... lol... not right now

Gardiner Museum






No comments:

Post a Comment